Ellos Global is seeking an Event & Meeting Planner, who can provide a wide range of planning and execution services. This individual will be responsible for researching site selection, negotiating terms of facilities, catering, audio-visual, staging and hotel contracts, in addition to coordinating travel arrangements for speakers. Additional responsibilities include, coordinating all details required to ensure an event or meeting run smoothly and successfully. We are seeking an individual who is detail-oriented and very organized. Candidate will be required to develop meeting or event marketing plans and coordinate plan implementation (e.g., flyers, social networking activities, save-the-date announcements, registration brochures, letters, Network News, e-blasts, etc.). Identify and secure exhibitors and secure corporate sponsors as needed.
Location: Position is based out of Washington, D.C.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in marketing, public relations, hospitality management, business or communications. Must have 2 years of Event or Meeting Management experience. Certificate in meeting planning preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing trade shows, conferences, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events in the United State (International is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating contracts with vendors and hotels for meeting s between (20 – 30 participants) and/or events (600 – 1,000 participants).
- Strong ability to problem solve, initiate solutions, work under deadline constraints, and manage a multi-faceted project.
- Strong organizational skills including decision-making, proofreading, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to work independently as well as have experience coordinating with diverse individuals and groups.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
Note: MUST be eligible to obtain security clearance.